Friday, October 5, 2012

Crown of Thorns 7

My latest in the Crown of Thorns series. Is another 12x12, Oil. I decided to do another practice run with the blues, purple and yellow color combination before I tackle the big 24x24 canvas. I think I am procrastinating! I will get a grip on it and just do it! The 24x24 is actually on my easel now and I might sketch it out tonight. Who knows. It was so interesting how this painting, (even though I used the same colors) came out differently. I found that it was best to not look at the first painting with these colors. I felt the my spontaneity dissolved if I did that. Best to just let the creative juices go and paint what feels best in the moment! Have a great weekend. Thank you for looking.

Isaiah 41:10
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

No comments: