Monday, January 13, 2014

Big Game Hunter

An 11x14, Oil. This is a painting based on an old black and white photo taken of my brother Scott, probably by our father after a day of hunting in Africa. We lived a couple of years in Africa when my father was assisting in setting up a school through Oklahoma State University. My brother was obviously mugging for my father, pretending he was on the hunt! This was fun to do. I always find myself smiling when I paint children! It was fun to go with the colors I felt like since the photo was a black and white. Tried to concentrate on values on this one. This will be a surprise gift for my brother and his wife. Hope they like it! Thanks for looking.

Psalms 23:3
"He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name."

No comments: