Saturday, March 24, 2012

Boxing Gloves

An 11x14 oil. This is a painting I have done for our local Relay for Life Event. Local artists have been asked to donate a piece of art with the "Fighting Back" theme in mind . To honor those individuals that are still battling cancer. These works will be auctioned as a fund raiser. When I was asked to do this I mentioned it to my husband and he immediately came up with the idea of boxing gloves. Way to go Kent! I wanted to do a pair of gloves that looked like they have been through some fights, made of tough stuff, but still up for some battles. Just like those that are battling cancer. I have used a bright back lighting to symbolize Faith, Family and Friends that support these brave individuals fighting cancer. Thank you for looking.

Psalm 30:2
"Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me."

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Excellent job! The boxing gloves are great and so appropriate for the theme this year. I absolutely love the way you did the background colors around the boxing gloves. Relay for Life will have a wonderful addition to their art work this year.

Angela Sullivan said...

Ooh! Such drama. Love them.