Saturday, March 3, 2012

Dollie

An 8x10 oil painting of another beloved miniature daschund of ours, Dollie. She is 12 years old and has quite a bit of white hair on her face and scattered over her body. Maggie, our younger puppy, keeps her young and active! In Dollie's younger years she was a solid red color. This is based on a photo I recently took after she woke up from one of her many naps. I loved the way she is tilting her head and her left ear is floating out away from her head. I tried to capture her really relaxed and calm personality.

Romans 8:26
"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through our wordless groans."

2 comments:

Claudia said...

This looks just like her! The facial expression is perfect.

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Precious..precious. I would adopt her in a heartbeat.
You are really great at the animals.
I adore Maggie too.