Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Kent

This is a 12x12 oil of my husband, Kent. Yes...he is tall dark and handsome! I wanted to practice doing portraits and skin tones. This painting is based on a close-up photo I took of Kent while we were on vacation last year...thus the relaxed expression. Fun to do! I think the next portrait I paint...I'll do someone I don't know. That way the pressure for accomplishing a likeness isn't so great! Or just make up a person...yeah...that's what I'll do! Thank you for looking.

Leviticus 19:32
"Stand up in the presence of the aged, show respect for the elderly and revere your God. I am the LORD."

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Great job Denna, I can't imagine trying to paint someone period! You have my admiration.
Love you!
Lisa

Claudia said...

Great job, Denna! I like the tweaks since I saw it on your easel. You are so talented!

JanettMarie said...

Genius! Yes, do another of a stranger! I like it! Genius!