Thursday, February 9, 2012

Abstract Heart #5

An 8x10, Oil....The 5th in my Abstract Heart series. I decided to go with a color pallet inspired by Monet. Using the soft pinks, blues, the splashes of red and yellow against the blue/green background. I used a flat brush and achieved this look by placing one brush stroke at a time, cleaning the brush... then loading the brush again for the next brush stroke. I had a ref photo of a silver heart with a strong light coming in from the left. I used the different values I saw for decisions on placement of the different colors. It was fun to do. Decided not to scatter color in the background. Felt it would detract from the Heart. Happy Painting!

Ephesians 4:29
"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."

No comments: