Saturday, March 17, 2012

Donuts and Donut Holes: Daily Paintworks Challenge

A little 5x7 oil I completed for the Daily Paintworks Donut Challenge. I really wanted to do this particular composition of the classic glazed donuts and donut holes. When we were kids at home, my sister, brother and I would love to go to the local donut shop and load up! Could not stop at one! I remember also that Mom started to make  the glazed donuts at home. Oh my goodness...were they ever delicious. It was interesting mixing the colors used on the donuts. The yellow color kind of shimmered up too. I wanted to use the lavender blue color to help the donuts pop out a little. Have a great weekend! Thank you for looking.

1 John 3:16
"This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters."

3 comments:

Claudia said...

They look good enough to eat! Lovely job.

JanettMarie said...

Okay, it worked, I need to get some glazed donuts!

D o n u t s..... mmmmm

Angela Sullivan said...

Yep! I am hungry now.