Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Storm is Coming

A 16x20 oil I finished today. Whew, it has been a long week at work and this is the first chance I have had to relax and paint. Yea!!! Here in Oklahoma we have this weird greenish light that comes along just before a storm. I have been wanting to try and capture that light in a painting for a long time. This is my first attempt. I am happy with it. Do you see that greenish tinge to the left side of the sky? Also in those minutes before a storm breaks loose, you see a brightness to the yellow fields that is just fantastic. Great contrast. Hope all is well with everyone.

Revelation 21:4
"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things will have passed away."

6 comments:

mary maxam said...

Dark sky and bright foreground...a real mood changer, just like a storm. nice job!

Denna Kadavy said...

Thank you Mary!

Lisa said...

Nice Denna!
-Lisa

Karen d'Angeac Mihm said...

Love this painting, I know what you mean just before a storm, everything stands out so clear and the colors can be so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully painted! I love the colors. :)

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

What wonderful colors and you managed to capture the color of the sky with that particular glow. I have often seen it and never been brave enough to try and capture it.