Sunday, January 15, 2012

Koi Fish. Shoot and Paint January Challenge

An 8x10 oil I completed this weekend for the Shoot and Paint Challenge. I decided on a different composition. I wanted to show the curve of the fish in movement. Along with how these Koi fish just look up at you asking to be fed! My husband and I went on a weekend trip a few months back and stayed at a hotel that had a little indoor pond/stream with these beautiful Koi in residence. Since then, I have wanted to do a painting of them! This challenge urged me to just do it! I tried to achieve a since of motion with the curve of one of the fish, bubbles and ripples in the blue/green water. And of course ..I love the eyes just looking right up at you! Thank you for looking. Have a great week.

Mathew 10:32-33
"Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven."

No comments: