Saturday, December 31, 2011

Daily Paintworks Christmas Aftermath Challenge

An 8x10 oil I just completed for this week's Daily Paintworks Challenge. Tell me we aren't the only ones that deal with the tangle of Christmas lights every year! I wish I could figure out how to store those things without just stuffing them in a box. We had a good Christmas, but it is always good to take down all the decorations and get the house back in order. I had fun with this one, reflecting the colors of each bulb onto the other light bulbs. Had a hard time taking a photo that shows the color accurately for some reason. I wish you a safe and Happy New Year! Thank you for looking!

Revelation 22:16-17
"I am Jesus! And I am the one who sent my angel to tell all of you these things for the churches...The Spirit and bride say, Come!....Come! If you are thirsty, come! If you want life-giving water, come and take it. It's free!"

2 comments:

Delilah said...

A Tangle of lights, yes that is the mess after Christmas.

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

I thought I had left a comment on this painting so was surprised not to see it but did want to let you know how much I enjoyed this painting of the lights. The rhythm of the cord and color placements of the lights were bang on.