Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hanging Christmas Ornaments

An 11x14 oil, holiday painting, using a canvas that I primed first with fun jewel colors using broad strokes and blending a little. Let that dry. Then I painted the Christmas ornaments hanging from delicate chains. The fun part was reflecting the different colors in the chains and in the individual ornaments. You know, it doesn't take much to make me smile! I really like the slice of the pretty pink ornament at the top of this painting. Like I said....It doesn't take much. Enjoy...thank you for looking!

Hebrews 13:6
"So we say with confidence, The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?"

2 comments:

Angela Sullivan said...

So glad to see this after spending the day decorating for Christmas. Have a great day.

mico said...

your style is very original and personal and you do a very good job with colors. congrats!