Sunday, November 4, 2012

Lake Leatherwood, Eureka Springs

A little 5x7 I started on vacation... outdoors, sitting at the end of a long boat dock on Lake Leatherwood near Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Of course.. I just had to get the best vantage point to look back on the shore of the lake! Had excellent light..but it was cold and windy! Used my small portable easel/paint box. It fits on my lap. Kent was with me and was a trooper. Carried my one supply bag out to the end of the dock and then huddled in his jacket against the cold while I painted. Ok...I lasted only 45 minutes. But that was enough to get this small canvas mostly done. Then we hurried off that dock and back to sit in front of a nice fire in our lakeside cottage. That was heaven! Thank you for looking.

James 1:19
"My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry."

No comments: