Saturday, April 6, 2013

Twinkies #1 and #2

These are both 8x10, Oils. I have just completed Twinkie #2 (the lower one). I reworked the ground in Twinkie #1 a little since I posted it last week. These paintings are based on a photograph taken by our father when my sister and I were 3 years old. The plan is to give one to my sister and keep one for myself.  Just a little token to tell her I love her! So I am anxious for them to dry. I'll frame them both up...then ask my sister to choose which one she would like to have. I did not have the first Twinkie painting in front of me while I was painting #2. I felt this would allow the #2 Twinkie painting to be as fresh and accurate as the first. Soooo hence the different colors seen in each. Sure hope my sister likes these! Thanks for looking.

Zechariah 7:9-10
"This is what The Lord of Heaven's Armies says: Judge fairly, and show mercy and kindness to one another. Do not oppress widows, orphans, foreigners and the poor. And do not scheme against each other."

No comments: