Monday, August 15, 2011

Baby Emu

A 12x12 oil I just finished this evening. I just love this size of canvas. Gives me enough room to play and not so big that I get tired! Time for another funny little baby bird! I have taken a little liberty with the color. Added a little more of the lavender color to the fussy hair. The eyes are pretty spot on. I have seen some photos of Emus with even a more orange eye color. The expression looks like a cross between me in the morning before my coffee and me getting ready to burst out laughing at one of my husband's jokes!

Ephesians 4:2
"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this little guy! Such personality! - Lisa

Anonymous said...

He makes me smile! I just want to reach out & touch him. Claudia