Sunday, October 23, 2011

Beaver Lake. First Sign of Fall

An 8x8, oil I completed on site while at Eureka Springs this week. First time I have tried the "Plein Air" thing! After a close encounter with a giant spider and 3 curious geese...I wasn't sure the outdoor painting was for me! But things calmed down and I was able to enjoy painting in a peaceful, shaded area, listening to the birds, soft breeze and fresh air. You get the picture. This area of the lake was just across a little inlet and the blazing group of trees against the darker green trees with touches of red behind caught my eye. Don't know what they are, but they are trees that are the first to turn to their fall colors. I love the symmetry of this composition. There were also stands of slim grasses showing up on each side of this group of trees The day was bright and clear. Perfect lighting!

Psalm 115:14-15
"May the Lord cause you to flourish, both you and your children. May you be blessed by the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Looks great! Where is the hammock!?!?
I can feel the peaceful 'feel'!
-Lisa