Saturday, October 8, 2011

Vintage Christmas Ornament

An 8x8 oil. Wanted to achieve that old vintage look with this one. Again, brings back memories of all the ornaments we used to use on our Christmas tree when I was a child. For some reason I associate the soft moss greens in this background with Christmas's in the past too. I will probably do an ornament in those greens soon. I will think about it. Anyway...I love the purples and little touches of red and yellow in this one. Enjoy!

Philippians 4:8
"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. Lovely series.
Claudia

Lisa said...

Great job Denna....brings back memories for me too! - Lisa