Monday, June 27, 2011

Contemporary Landscape

This was a fun one to do, with the bright, strong fall colors. I can just feel the cool crisp air. I did this one last year in the fall and wanted to show an exagerated purple color of the hills in the distance. I also had fun with the varied color of the tree trunks and underbrush of the trees. If you magnify the photo and look at that area, you will see I just kept on going with the color! I am also pleased with the curve of the dirt road. When I painted this, I did not know that the style was called "contemporay".  Meaning not a realistic painting and not exactly an abstract, using unusual or different colors. At least that is my understanding from my limited art education so far!

Psalm 18:32
"It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Denna! I think I'll be back visiting this one when the temps are back up in the double digits. Gives me hope that autumn is just a few (?) months away..at least on the calendar :)
Smooch! Susan