Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Red Church Door

This is an old Church door based on some photos taken in Spain, visiting our son, Charles, a couple of years ago. I love the vibrant red color. The bricks were fun to do. I took a little liberty with the color. I used a flat brush using lots of paint for each stroke. I had to resist brushing over it a second time! Had fun adding a little color with the tiny little flowers on both sides of the door. Spain is great with all the old doors and buildings. Such character and color everywhere. It was so funny, walking around the old cities with Kent (my husband) and our son Charles. I constantly had my camera up taking photos for painting reference material. I must have looked like one of those crazy tourists and embarrased our son!
I am looking at joining the "Daily Paintworks" online gallery. This will give me an opportunity to show my work and offer paintings for sale. Will keep you posted.
In the meantime, I will keep painting and renewing my soul!

Proverbs 16:3
"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans"

(I believe you can click on the painting image to enlarge and see it in more detail. I am still learning the mechanics of all of this!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the detail on this door! I'm proud of you Denna! - Lisa