Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Canaries

I did this one last year and had fun with the bright yellow of the birds. I suppose every artist has had "mishapes" or an "oops" moment with a wet canvas. This canvas had a few oops'. Somebody just smeared one the poor bird's head off!" I came home one day after a sweet lady had cleaned my house. I guess she grabbed the wet cnavas and did a real number on it. This painting has alot of thick textured paint.. Lots of paint. Well, needless to say, I had to fix the poor bird's head! Ahhhh... the beauty of oils. You can just wipe it off and do it again!

Matthew 6:26
"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job! - Lisa