Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Black Lab

An 11x14 Oil I have just completed today. This is a commission piece that a co-worker asked me to do. She wanted me to do a painting of her fiance's beloved Black Lab Hunting dog. I wanted to do something out in this dog's element and the client was able to obtain a great reference photo that she "secretly" took. I loved it! The silhouette type of pose with the dog looking out toward the water and ducks. I am framing it in a 2 and 1/2 inch wide dark wood stained frame with hints of the rust color at the inner and outer trim. This is to be a wedding gift for her fiance'. What pressure! I sure hope she and her fiance' like it! Sometimes ...I don't know why I agree to do commission work! Thank you for looking.

1 Peter 4:8
"Most important of all, you must sincerely love each other, because love wipes away many sins."

5 comments:

Claudia said...

So pretty. I'm sure they'll both love it.

Max Frames said...

Beautiful!

Angela Sullivan said...

You agree to do it because you have it in you and it must come out. I think this is beautifully done. I am sure they will both love it...

Christine said...

Cool composition and love the colour choices. Really well done.

Jane said...

This is gorgeous but must have been such a strain!