Saturday, June 30, 2012

Evening at the Beach

An 11x14, oil, beach scene I just finished this morning. Love the way the rich evening colors came out in the painting, providing a wonderful backdrop for the two happy dogs silhouetted against the color. Sometimes the colors at a beach in the morning or evening are just unbelievably beautiful aren't they? I love to attempt to capture it. And of course I love the happiness the puppies emanate. I am trying to ease into bigger canvas'. Next one will be a 16x20. Yahoo!

Philippians 4:6-7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

3 comments:

Claudia said...

Love the dogs in the painting! You did a wonderful job with the color and the reflections of the jobs. So excited for all your new opportunities! Can't wait to see the larger canvases.

Lisa said...

I just saw this one, I love it. It looks like they are having fun playing!
Keep up the good work!
Lisa

Robin Rosenthal said...

Great painting. Very lively and colorful. I like the loose brushstrokes.