Monday, June 4, 2012

Stars and Strips

A 12x12, oil I just finished today for the "Strips" Daily Paintworks Challenge for this week. I might have one more in this American Flag series. I have some Eagle ref photos. I might do that next. The dark areas in the white strips and banding to the left did not show up as I would have liked in the photo. The original painting shows much more color and texture. I am enjoying doing these patriotic paintings. I like the dark of the trees at the water's edge in the background, contrasting with the pink/red of the sunset sky. I was trying for repeating "Old Glory's" red, white and blue in the water, sky and building in the background. Thank you for looking.

Colossians 3:23
"Whatever your task, put yourselves into it, as done for the Lord and not for your masters, since you know that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward; you serve the Lord Christ."

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Very nice Denna!
Lisa