Sunday, February 10, 2013

Apple Tree

An 11x14, Oil I just finished today. Did this one in response to Daily Paintworks "Amalgam Challenge". Yes I did have to look up that word! We were to incorporate one of Daily Paitntworks' artist's style into our own style. I admire so may artists that are members of Daily Paintworks. Came down to three artists: Mary Maxium, Julie Ford Oliver and Delilah Smith. I couldn't decide for the longest time! So chickened out and asked my husband to choose! He chose Mary Maxium. I just love Mary's blue greens that she uses in her paintings...the subjects she chooses...rivers, apple trees, nature in general. I decided to use a reference photo of a close cropped apple tree to base my painting on. In the middle part of the painting...where paint is EVERYWHERE...I was not sure that this one was going to work out. But...took a deep breath and just charged on. Enjoyed this challenge. Thanks for looking.

Deuteronomy 13:4
"It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him."

No comments: