Saturday, February 16, 2013

Tree of Life

An 8x8, gallery wrapped, 1/2 inch in depth, Oil I just finished this morning. The painting continues around the edges, affixed with a wire hanger, ready to hang. No need for a frame.  A friend of mine inspired me to try a new series entitled "Tree of Life". Based on numerous Bible verses. Trying to capture strength, age, deep roots, laden with fruit and alive with vibrant color of course! This is the first composition I have come up with. I may play with it some more. I plan on using various color combinations similar to my Crown of Thorns series. Thanks for the inspiration Tess!

Genesis 2:9
"The Lord God Made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground - trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of knowledge of good and evil."

No comments: