Saturday, September 24, 2011

Red Star Christmas Ornament

This is my first in a new series of Christmas Ornament paintings. An 8x8 oil. This is a soft stuffed cloth ornament with beads and stitching decorations. Christmas has always been my favorite time of year. I have ornaments that date back to my childhood that Mom saved for all of "us kids". My sister and brother decided to give me all the Christmas stuff when Mom and Dad passed away. They knew I would keep them safe! Boy .... do I ever miss Mom and Dad. Sometimes during the Christmas season, I get a little sad. I guess that is common. I will dedicate all of the Christmas Ornament paintings to them.

Proverbs 16:20
"My son, keep your father's command and do not forsake your mother's teachings."

2 comments:

Lisa said...

This picture reminds me of mom! And YES I miss them too! Love your work! - Lisa

Angela Sullivan said...

This painting really is a star..... Love it.