Friday, April 6, 2012

Daily Paintworks "The Easter Challenge"; Bunny

An 8x11 Oil I completed for this week's Daily Paintworks Challenge. Decided to do the classic Easter Bunny! Could not resist this cute little guy. I used a large brush and wanted to come up with a loose, more representational painting. I broke down and reached for smaller brushes for the "detail". My intention was to stick with the larger brush only. Oh well! I like the way it turned out anyway. May you have an enjoyable Easter Sunday. Thank you for looking.

Mark 16:6
"Don't be alarmed," he said. 'You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him." 

1 comment:

Kat said...

Wanted to say I found you while browsing Daily Paintworks. The eyelashed on this bunny caught my eye:)Love the colors.

Loved reading your bio. Sounds like you had a very rich and special childhood. The phrase "forest of easels" is wonderful and I could smell the paint and hear the laughter. I'd say you need to pick up a writing pen too. Make a painting with words. Tell your story:)