Friday, July 8, 2011

Baby Owl

Who....Me? This little guy is the sweetest thing! I came upon some reference photos of owls of all ages and this one I could not resist. He has such a surprised look in his eyes and the little cock of his head to the side as if asking a question. I played with the color, departing from a more grey color of the photo. However, the photo showed a hint of the green that I used here. I just played up the color a little. This piece sold at this year's Kingfisher Festival of Arts. I hope to do more of these cute little owls.

Proverbs 25:28
"Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self control."

2 comments:

Delilah said...

What a fun little guy, you got to love those eyes.

Anonymous said...

Hey from Rio! I am glad you put one of my favorites here on your blog. I just love this little guy! Keep up the good work!