Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Close up Puppy

An 8x8 oil of a little puppy! I love the close up composition. Had to do the eyes over 3 times! I am happy with how the warm brown color of his eyes peeks out between strands of  his hair. Can't resist a puppy. Next time I do an animal that is mostly white, I'm going to prime the canvas with a dark color first! It was hard to get his white hair to show up working directly on a white surface. Learned my lesson. They say an artist can learn something each time he/she completes a painting. I believe it. I have so much to learn!

It is finally cooling off here in Oklahoma. My prayers are with our Texas brothers and sisters affected by the fires. Especially for Carol and David Marine, creators of Daily Paintworks.

Psalm 147:8
"He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful puppy, Denna! Those eyes peaking out! Love it!
Claudia