Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sunset Across a Field

Here is a 6x6 oil that I have done with a palette knife. It is a wrapped canvas...I painted the sides of the canvas the lighter green color. So no need for a frame.  First attempt at using a palette knife for a whole painting. I really love how it puts on gobs and gobs of paint. Gives it a nice texture to the painting. I actually did this one off of a palette of paint from a previous painting. Had lots of paint left and viola! Since the canvas was so small...it did not take any time at all to complete this one. Talk about immediate gratification! I love that! I guess that is why I work in small sizes...get it done fast!

I Corinthians 13:13
"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

No comments: