Friday, September 30, 2011

Sand Dunes and Ocean

An 8x8 oil I did using the left over paint from the Teal Ornament painting. Used a pallet knife. I just love the speed and freedom of using so much paint and pushing it around on the canvas board! Using a pallet knife is so much different for me than a brush. I like both. But sometimes it is nice to switch it up! Looking at all the blues, teals and sand color on that pallet made me think of the beach. So this is what I came up with. Have a great weekend.

Ecclesiastes 3:12-13
"I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and do good while they live. That each of them may eat and drink and find satisfaction in all their toil - this is the gift of God."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great use of left over paint, Denna! Isn't the palette knife fun?
- Claudia

Lisa said...

Nice pic Denna. It looks alot like a portion of the beach in Mexico where I use to take the kids on our mission trips. It was isolated and beautiful!
- Lisa