Saturday, May 12, 2012

American Flag #1

A 5x7 Oil I finished last night. I plan on a few more of the American flag. Photographed  this one this morning. It has been cool and cloudy here in Oklahoma and I was afraid the light wouldn't be good enough. But It came out ok  I think. Natural light to photograph my paintings is so much better than artificial inside at night. I am pleased with the shadows on the flag, indicating the wind causing the waves in the flag material. The ref photo I used showed the gold stitching between the strips. I pushed the gold color a little. Just cuz! I like the way it finishes off the look. It's funny how the stars are distorted with the motion of the flag. I like the imperfect look of it. I am feeling a bit patriotic these days. I do live in a wonderful country. Am thankful for all the wonderful privileges I, my family and friends enjoy. Lets protect what we have! Thank you for looking.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Looks great! I can see the waves.

Lisa said...

I really like this flag, great job!
Lisa