Saturday, May 5, 2012

Shoot and Paint; May Art Challenge

An 8x10 Oil I just finished for the Shoot and Paint Challenge. I have been wanting to do a spring, blooming tree this year. My mother did a miniature of three flowering trees in a row that I really love. I have it displayed in my studio here at my home. Wanted to try my hand at it this year. Used three different sizes of brushes on the foliage. Wanted to capture the wispy blooms in the tree around the edges. Dropped some on the ground too, Mixed in some blue to the green surrounding the tree. It was fun to do. Thank you for looking. Have a great weekend!

Deuteronomy 32:3-4
"I will proclaim the name of the Lord. Oh praise the greatness of our God! He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just - A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he."

No comments: