Sunday, November 20, 2011

Late Fall

This is an 8x8 oil I did yesterday at Kingfisher Park. My Plein Air Buddy and I went out together for the first time to paint. We plan on going out at least once a month. It was great...a little windy..but nice cool crisp air. The day started out a little cloudy with filtered light. I think this is why my painting is a little muted and soft looking. A few yellow leaves still clinging to these three trees. The sky was a clear blue with the distance blurring to a soft green/grey color. This is my third time to try Plein Air Painting. I am surprised at how one can arrive at a spot and a certain view or scene jumps out to be painted. At least that is how it works for me! Loved the fresh air and conversation with my painting buddy! Thanks for looking! Happy painting!

Romans 14:19
"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"

No comments: