Monday, July 18, 2011

Sunflowers

I love the imperfection of the big flower in front as well as the little buds in the background. Can you make the little guys out in the back? I finished this 8x8 oil of sunflowers as a commission for a client. I delivered it today in a wooden, deep brown, rounded, 2 and 1/2 inch wide frame. It was a nice contrast to the yellow. Made the flowers "pop" as well as brought out the color of the flower's centers. I am always really nervous when delivering a commissioned painting. I worry if the client will like it, if it is what they wanted etc, etc... It is getting easier as time goes by and I do more commissioned work. But it is exhausting! So after I finished this one and letting it dry, I have done a couple of fun ones. Just for me!. I will post them later.  Much more relaxing to do! Then I will get back to my commissions.

I Corinthians 12:1-6
"There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but they all come from the same Spirit. There are different ways to serve the same Lord, and we can each do different things. Yet the same God works in all of us and helps us in everything we do."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you captured these very well. You are good Denna! Lisa