Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Baby Ostrich

This is a 12x12 I did of a baby ostrich.  This is a painting that always makes me smile. This little guy is so homely and awkward looking that you can't keep from it! Actually, I have taken this painting to a patient of mine (I am a Home Health RN) in hopes of  coaxing  a smile from her. It worked! While working on this painting, all I could think about is "how strange looking this little guy is". So I just concentrated on the lights and darks and just painted what I saw. The shape of the head and the deep dark eye are really different. But this is what he looked like. Honest! He does have a sweet spirit about him.

I Peter 3:3-4
"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I think this is now my favorite! How much sister????? I just may buy it! love you - Lisa