Friday, July 15, 2011

Fireworks in the Sky

I am still feeling the patriotic thing and putting on canvas some images from the 4th of July. I primed this 8x10 canvas panel with a mixture of color to come up with this dark blue/midnight sky. Let it dry. Made for a nice contrast for the fireworks. Then just had fun playing with the color of the fireworks and flashes of light. Framed up it will be a nice seasonal, patriotic addition to any home. My mother-in-law has a lovely home that she is so good at decorating for all the different holidays. I am so thankful for our country and all the wonderful freedoms we have. Lets continue to celebrate!

Psalm 126:2-3
"Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'the Lord has done great things for them'. The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture! I haven't seen this one before! I like it!