Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Little Lady Bug

This is a painting I did just for fun. NOT as a commission. I could not resist putting a lady bug on the flower petal!. I used a reference photo to get the look of the lady bug.  Isn't it weird how God made these little bugs with the big dots on them. I guess to make them look like big 'ol eyes to scare away any predators. Just a guess. I primed this 8x10 canvas panel with the varied colors for the background first and let that dry. Then painted the flower and lady bug. I had fun with the flower center with the interesting dots of color. I enjoy doing these really close ups of flowers. I will do more. Click the image a few times to get a closer look.

Jeremiah 17:7-8
"But I will bless those who trust me. They will be like trees growing beside a stream, trees with roots that reach down to the water, and with leaves that are always green. They bear fruit every year and are never worried by a lack of rain."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun picture! Your creativity is great! Love it!
Lisa